Experienced PHP Developer
As a web developer at Bluehouse Group, you will have extensive responsibility for creating high quality custom solutions for a variety of clients. Working with a team of designers, developers, and account managers, you will exercise your creative and technical skills in a dynamic collaborative environment.
- Envision the best technical solutions for clients.
- Contribute to project scope and time estimates.
- Contribute to team success and client satisfaction.
- Strong proficiency in object-oriented PHP and MySQL.
- Knowledge of at least one MVC framework (Dinkly, Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of at least one CMS.
- Comfortable working at the command-line interface.
- Focus on best practices (coding techniques, security, performance).
- A keen eye for detail and a sense of what makes a website great.
- Good organizational skills and ability to move between tasks easily.
- Ability to look at the larger picture, and think proactively.
- Good communication skills.
Good to Have
- Experience with Git-driven workflow.
- Understanding of XML, JSON, and working with API's.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience building WordPress sites, themes, or plugins is a plus.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years web development experience.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- BS in computer science or equivalent is a plus.
This is a Staff Position
This role will ideally be filled by a full time staff person working in our offices. We are open to a partial telecommute, which means being in the office at least one day per week, to interface with teammates. We can offer some schedule flexibility and we believe in work-life balance.
A Day In The Life
Our office is outfitted with everything a good developer needs to do great work. Our dog-friendly, open workspace will get you all-you-can-brew java and access to Burlington's best coding couch. Your day will consist of fielding everything from quick support requests to new development work, meeting and strategizing with our talented team, and of course, long periods of uninterrupted code sprints.
Bluehouse Group is a successful web agency in Burlington, Vermont. Bluehouse serves a wide range of clients regionally and nationally, and we're growing. Our developers love that they get to stretch out across a variety of projects, that we're committed to high quality coding methods and tools, and that we enjoy positive, collaborative relationships with our clients.
Our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, plenty of paid vacation and personal time, a health care plan, an employee retirement plan, and a generous profit-sharing program. We also enjoy a company culture of continuous learning, passion for quality, and social responsibility.
Sound Like A Place Where You Can Thrive?
Send your resume, LinkedIn profile, or a link to your portfolio to email@example.com, and put “Experienced Web Developer” in the subject.