We're growing and looking for a Lead Developer to build, manage, support, and upgrade high-quality, commercial-grade web-based systems. You'll be a part of a collaborative team that synthesizes creativity, technical expertise, and business smarts.
Headquartered in Burlington, VT, Bluehouse Group is an established web agency that serves a wide range of clients regionally and nationally, including (but not limited to) startup companies, renewable energy companies, nonprofits, and government. Every team member has input into our process and will have a real impact as part of our small, high-performance team.
As a company we strive to care for and support our staff. We treat our people, as exactly that, people. We recognize the needs of life and family.
We pride ourselves on having a good work-life balance, which includes flexibility around work schedules and remote work (completely right now). We empower our staff to be continuous learners and encourage learning opportunities. Last but not least, we give back to and support our local communities.
We are also lucky to work with amazing clients on interesting projects - come join us!
- Communicate directly with the client to resolve issues and develop solutions.
- Collaborate with account manager to ensure project scope and client needs are met
- Contribute to project scope and time estimates
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with a track record of getting stuff done
- Significant expertise in PHP, including experience in various frameworks
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
Good to Have
- Agency experience
- Understanding of web hosting and AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience with SilverStripe or similar CMS
- Knowledge of architectural principles
Traits We Look for in an Engineer
- Great communication skills
- Ability to be both responsive and proactive
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Attention to detail
- A focus on best practices (coding techniques, security, performance)
- Good organizational skills and ability to move between tasks easily
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Plenty of paid vacation and personal time
- Full health benefits
- Employee retirement plan
- Generous profit-sharing program
Sound Like A Place Where You Can Thrive?
Send a cover letter along with your resume, LinkedIn profile, or a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Lead Developer” in the subject line.