Headquartered in Burlington, VT, with a satellite office in Denver’s RiNo Art District, Bluehouse Group is an established web agency that serves a wide range of clients regionally and nationally, including (but not limited to) startup companies, renewable energy companies, nonprofits, and government.
We're growing and looking for a Software Engineer to create high-quality, commercial-grade solutions for a variety of clients. You’ll help these organizations solve their business challenges as part of a team that synthesizes creativity, technical expertise, and business smarts. Every engineer has input into our process and will have a real impact as part of our small, high-performance team.
- Envision the best technical solutions for clients.
- Contribute to project scope and time estimates.
- Contribute to team success and client satisfaction.
- 3+ years software-development experience
- Experience in modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of source control systems including Git
Good to Have
- Knowledge of architectural principles
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience with SilverStripe or similar CMS
- Understanding of web hosting and infrastructure
- Agency experience
Traits We Look for in an Engineer
- A focus on best practices (coding techniques, security, performance)
- A keen eye for detail and a sense of what makes a website great
- Good organizational skills and ability to move between tasks easily
- Ability to look at the larger picture and think proactively
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Plenty of paid vacation and personal time
- Full health benefits
- Employee retirement plan
- Generous profit-sharing program
Our developers love that they get to stretch out across a variety of projects, that we're committed to high-quality coding methods and tools, and that we enjoy positive, collaborative relationships with our clients. As a company we value work-life balance, continuous learning, and social responsibility.
Sound Like A Place Where You Can Thrive?
Send a cover letter along with your resume, LinkedIn profile, or a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Software Engineer” in the subject line.