Front-End Web Developer
As a web developer at Bluehouse Group, you will create high-quality, “commercial-grade” solutions for a variety of interesting clients. You’ll help organizations solve their business challenges working with a high-performance team that synthesizes creativity, technical expertise, and business smarts. We’ve been doing this successfully since the web was born. The agency’s portfolio reflects our penchant for interesting engagements — web applications for startup companies, lead-generating websites for renewable energy companies, content-rich websites for nonprofits, and mission-critical websites for government.
- Work with designers and application developers to translate designs into CMS and database-driven websites and web applications.
- Contribute to project scope and time estimates.
- Contribute to team success and client satisfaction.
- Familiarity with command line interfaces such as Git, Node.js, Sass, CSS pre- and post-processors .
- Working knowledge of at least one CMS.
- A keen eye for detail and a sense of what makes a website great.
- Good organizational skills and ability to move between tasks easily.
- Ability to look at the larger picture, and think proactively.
- Good communication skills.
Good to Have
- Experience with Git-driven workflow.
- Experience with SilverStripe or similar MVC CMS.
- Experience with technical Search Engine Optimization.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and/or experience.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years web development experience (the more the better).
- Agency experience is a plus.
- BS in computer science or equivalent is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and grow is a must
This is a Staff Position
This role will ideally be filled by a full-time staff person. We are open to telecommute, but ideally there will also be some time in the office to interface with teammates. We offer some schedule flexibility, and we believe in work-life balance.
We have two locations: the main office in downtown Burlington, Vermont and a satellite office in Denver’s RiNo Art District. The Burlington office is a short walk away from the Church Street Marketplace and Lake Champlain. RiNo is Denver’s creative and artistic epicenter. Our dog-friendly, open workspaces will get you all-you-can-brew java and a comfortable work environment. We host the Burlington UX Design Meetup group and we’re always learning and refining our skills as a team.
Bluehouse Group is a 21 year old, successful web agency in Burlington, Vermont. Bluehouse serves a wide range of clients regionally and nationally, and we're growing. Our developers love that they get to stretch out across a variety of projects, that we're committed to high-quality coding methods and tools, and that we enjoy positive, collaborative relationships with our clients.
Company culture is a favorite aspect of the company that is frequently referenced by staff. Work-life balance is important. We also value continuous learning, passion for quality, and social responsibility. We have been members of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility for 20 years. Our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, plenty of paid vacation and personal time, a healthcare plan, an employee retirement plan, and a generous profit-sharing program.
Sound Like A Place Where You Can Thrive?
Send a cover letter along with your resume, LinkedIn profile, or a link to your portfolio to email@example.com, and put “Front-End Web Developer” in the subject.