Come play a key role at Burlington's premier web software agency. As a project manager at Bluehouse Group you will oversee custom web software projects, including schedule, budget, team resources, and client happiness.
You'll be the main point of contact for clients, charged with maintaining the collaborative relationships that we're known for. Along with other project managers and technical leads, you will manage tasks and resources so that we deliver high-quality work on time and on budget. Our high-performance web agency offers lots of opportunities for learning and growth. Our work culture is entrepreneurial and you'll get to participate in all aspects of the business.
We value work-life balance, which includes some flexibility around work schedules and remote work. We are lucky to work with amazing clients on interesting projects – come join us!
- Primary client contact for web software projects.
- Manage client projects from start to finish, focusing on schedule, budget, team resources and client happiness.
- Facilitate efficient software development workflow.
- Determine tone and content of client communication with the goal of maintaining positive client relationships.
- Negotiate budget and scope issues as they arise.
- Participate in overall project strategy & design decisions.
- Facilitate discovery activities and project-based research.
- Provide ongoing status updates and check-ins with clients.
- Set up and manage project management systems.
- Collaborate with other team leads to manage resource allocation.
- Prepare planning documents to be shared with clients.
- Participate in estimating budgets for new projects.
- Handle support requests from existing clients, post-project.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients through regular contact.
Skills & Experience
- Managing software projects with modern approaches, eg. agile methods.
- Managing full software development life cycle.
- Managing client relationships in contract-based environment.
- Enough technical understanding to be insightful about software projects.
- Not required to have specific technical skills (eg. coding), but may be helpful.
- Strong communication and organization ability.
- Strong capacity for self-management.
- Entrepreneurial approach to working within an agency environment.
About Bluehouse Group
For organizations interested in increasing sales, improving customer experience, and optimizing efficiency, Bluehouse Group provides website design, custom software development, and digital marketing services. In business since 1998, Bluehouse is also a founding member of the Vermont Technology Alliance and a long-time member of the Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility.